I’ve been asked to comment on how I created the Painting Master Plan on the right. It’s basically a spreadsheet. I use a Linux system and Open Office but I’ve put the file I used at: 2010Plan.xls as an Excel spreadsheet if anyone wants to use it.
Once created I then printed to PDF (easy with OpenOffice but I think you can use CutePDF under Windows) and then used the ImageMagick command ‘convert’ to convert the PDF to a TIFF. I then edited the image down to the correct size using the GIMP image software and I use this still for filling in the red boxes!
A bit fiddly but it works for me. There are no doubt better ways of doing it.