With Ayton now out of the way and no real painting targets set it was time for a little planning. Ayton 2017 will be Lion Rampant based. I’ve completed the first twelve figures so no real need to re-visit that project until at least March next year! 🙂 And in November we have a To The Strongest game planned at the Foundry venue. This will use existing 15mm collections and although I may re-base some and paint the odd thing I don’t REALLY need to do anything.
So with the C18th firmly in my mind I was talking to Iain Burt (Essex Boy) and we decided that to spur on our efforts to expand/complete our C18th armies we would match each other unit for unit. Now, these are the new ‘smaller’ units so we are looking at 28-30 for a battalion (inc. command etc.) and 12 plus command for cavalry. And not to make it too much of a strain we would allow about two months a unit! That may seem a lot but life does tend to get in the way and it also leaves time to do other bits and pieces as well. We both have a unit that has been started so the schedule is:
One unit to be completed by each deadline. We can do more of so desired…
My first unit is the 2nd Altefritzenburgers. I did a tester for these ages ago:
and the first batch have been started and sat gathering dust for months:So today I cleaned up and prepared the rest of the batch:I’m sure Iain will post details of his plans on his blog (yes, he has one but has done sod all with it!) or he can send me pics and I will add them to my blog.
We shall see how things go…