With the ACW game next month rapidly approaching I thought I’d get the last of the markers I need done. So after securing a little painting time over the last few days here is what I managed to get done.
The 16 Disrupted markers for the CSA to go with the Union ones already done.Some gun destroyed and low ammo markers for the artillery for both sides. And some more low ammo markers for the Union……and the Rebs…And the casualty markers again…All figures by Peter Pig. The low ammo markers etc. I tried doing with a base coat and a wash. The ended up being too ‘dirty’ and needing some highlighting. The casualty figures I just undercoated black and applied a single coat, leaving bit of the black showing through. Seems to work OK and is closer in style to the original Minifigs I have.
I learnt two lessons doing these. Firstly, leave your varnish overnight to dry before doing the PVA and ‘sand’ for the bases. I rushed it a little and the varnish was still a little tacky in the nooks and crannies…. Which resulted in lost of my ballast mix getting stuck in there! Bloody nightmare to get out! And secondly, I mounted the casualty figures on the oval to paint them and then used Copydex to stick those to the sticks I use as holders. The Copydex seemed to ‘bond’ with the MDF and it was a pain separating them… and one base had a ‘layer’ of MDF peel off!
I’ve got four more broken gun stands lined up and then I need to make fences!