Some more 10mm…

After the big tidy up the other week I’ve finally cleared a couple of things in the pile. A while back I acquired some Sudan Brits from Martin (Slugbalancer). Neatly painted I just applied a wash and based them after painting a few more to make up a full unit. He then most kindly sent me some more! Again, wash required, extras to paint, and then base.
This now gives me two units! Slow progress but getting there…And then the Curse of Burt strikes! Re-basing! The 10mm Lancer Prussians I painted and based a few weeks ago I decided just weren’t right. Four 6 figures bases, although quick to paint, just didn’t look like a unit to me. And when in line the FLAGS WERE NOT IN THE MIDDLE!!!

So, after consulting the Goat (Simon) I decided that a DBN compatible 40mm base was the answer. Now I thought this was just a quick rebase as I had it in my head the first lot were on 30mm bases so it was just a matter of re-arranging them. But they were on 25mm! And to get the required 12 figures on a 40mm base I had to paint another 12… but I think it was worth it…

The flags are printed from Warflag.com. I might try and stick a bit in the top for a finial as the poles are a little short for the size of flag I want…

So that is the 1st Battalion Muffling regiment. Just need to do the second now!

And finally the latest rule arrival is the 2nd Edition of Brigade Fire and Fury. Only had a couple of read throughs but the changes look interesting, adding a little more detail to unit classifications, some streamlining of mechanisms, diagrams and examples seem clearer, and a force generator added. Looking forward to trying them.

Please follow and like us: