A slow month but some progress in filling the gaps in my developing Belgian force. Still quite a few more bits to do but getting there… So these are the new additions:
GepardsJagdpanzer KanoneM109s with HQ stand. The latter having a rough attempt at a M108 VBCL. It’s OK but was a bit rushed and the added boxes need to be more clearly defined.And some more M75s to finish off the Reserve battalion and provide transport for engineers along with the HQ stand.And finally, the rear view showing the little Belgian flags they all have! 🙂
I’ve been trying to sort out my masses of microarmour and actually FINISH some! I have a LOT of British waiting to be based but no infantry. I had done a few Challenger 1s ages ago but the colour scheme is very dark with not much difference in the camo but on the table does it REALLY matter? So I finished basing them and added a command stand from a different batch (hence slightly different colours…)
Now I have the bases I need I’ll be doing more Brits but I also wanted to get the Belgians finished so… having a LOT of infantry from a trade ages ago that looked like this:
I rebased them all and painted up 10x M75s so I can use these as a reserve unit. I have a few more M75s on order and still need to do some HQs but they are coming out OK:
It’s been a while since I’ve fully completed anything. Mojo has been on walkabout for a while but the New Year has seen a new plan (which I still need to detail!) which has at least got things moving.
So, first up, 6mm ImagiNation. Last year I got Ian Willey of the Blog With No Name fame to paint some Baccus 6mm as opponents for the 6mm versions of my ImagiNation forces. He did one unit for me back in September and I was rather pleased with the results so in trade for some 6mm buildings I got him to do another three units. Now these were finished and delivered months ago! It has taken me until now to paint the Adler mounted officers, the flags and then base them all. But, finally they are done! Here are all four units. The units are all French themed with grey coats and then turnbacks and leggings in a facing colour. The four so far are red, green, blue and orange. The first unit had reversed colours for the drummers. The other three have them in blue. I shall sort out a logic for that later!
I’ve stuck with the original plan of a unit command stand but have added a couple of extra figures to the new units. This does at least give me a starting force.
And although not part of my 666 Plan I also painted up a unit of T34-85s for my Syrians:
The models are all GHQ from a recent purchase from the States that had been stripped. I did a white undercoat, Russian Green base. Lightened Russian Green heavy dry brush, Pale Sand pattern, Sepia wash, Pale Sand highlight, then detail with a white gel pen. Tracks were just painted dark grey. Bases were painted Canadian Maple, then PVA and bird cage sand with a watered PVA to seal.
I almost have enough for another unit but three tanks have broken barrels so I may need to just buy a pack at York or try and beg round the forums for spare barrels/models.
Well, I still haven’t got the detailed list of my plans up yet but I have at least done a little more towards it. Not as much as I’d have liked but something…
I’ve done the basic camo and wash on the T34s so just need the last dry brush and detailing on them:
And I’ve based up the command stands and added the basing material to all three units now for the 6mm. STILL need to do the flags though…
And I also realised that my last post was post 300 for the blog, making this 301! Quite a tally really over the years. The blog started as an ASL blog in November 2006 so six years and counting is pretty good I think… I’m also getting close to 80000 visits. This is only since I added the Site Meter icon (and I can’t remember when that was!) but I may try and do something when I hit the 80K.
Hopefully a little more progress next week as well.
I haven’t really done a Workbench post for a while, mainly because nothing was getting done! I have at last managed a couple of short sessions to move some things along. The six Adler generals for my ImagiNation units got varnished last night and now await basing:
I still have the flags to do for the three units but can at least move the basing along.
As I now have my 666 Plan (full details coming soon, honest!) it seemed to make sense to do something completely different! When I bought a load of GHQ WW2 microarmour at the end of last year for my Western Desert plans there were also some T34-85s available so I thought I’d grab them to add to my Syrians. There should have been enough for two battalions but a few were missing barrels so I’ll either need to try and replace or just buy a pack to complete the second unit. Anyway, undercoated and basecoated. Next up drybrush, camo, tracks, wash, drybrush and detail. And base…
Back to the ImagiNation stuff. I have started my first Altefritzenburg unit. Still a way to go…
But this gives an idea of where they are heading:
And finally, I took delivery of some Timecast goodness via the CWC forums. The start of my Cold War urban bases:
Done to Timecast’s usual high standard, I only need to paint all my stuff to match now!
Hopefully I can get a little more done tonight or at the weekend.