A little late to the show but my great plans for painting and sorting and planning over the two week break just didn’t materialise and it’s back to work tomorrow! I’ll be doing a little review of 2014 and plans for 2015 in due course but the last couple of days I did manage to do a little sorting and tidying. The ‘game table’ got cleared and as I wanted to clear some space the old and damaged terrain tiles got sorted and cleared and I finally finished the three I needed to complete my small ‘desert’ game area. I started this ages ago…and bugger me it was in 2011 – here!!! … and I still had two large tiles and a gully to do to make it a decent size. These are now done:
And this gives me the following play area. I’ve left the other side of the tiles green but to be honest I’m not keen on the gaps showing so I may paint the reverse of the gully tiles as well so I can do a flat surface. Large tiles are 18″ but as most of this will be for 6mm games it is fine. I also did a few of the small hill sections.
I also spent a little time tidying the paint desk and prepping the next lot of figures (for Ayton) and lining up some C18th, WSS and Sudan stuff! Should keep me going! The table doesn’t look that much better but it is and I’ve stored duplicate paints.