Well, been a slow month or so on the hobby front. Not helped by the sad news of Ian Daglish’s death which kind of puts a lot of things in perspective. I’ve taken delivery of the Le Franc Tireur module on Cholm which is an excellent product which I hope to review shortly. It’s not in the Wargaming Neutral pages as I’ve yet to pay for it!
First up though must be a thanks everyone who keeps following the blog and visiting. Followers are now 151 so big thanks to all of you, and the number of visits has just topped 50,000, which is quite pleasing as well! 🙂
Big thing is that I’ve shifted my surplus Modern microarmor. I’ve been trying for a while to finish off the various little projects I have and every time I looked at the pile of unpainted/unbased stuff I could never get a grip on what to do next and what I really needed or not! The main culprits were the large West German force I had which needed a full repaint, and the early Belgians I had which weren’t really going to fit in with the mid-late 80s force I’ve been putting together. I’ve been gradually adding T80s to my Soviets to push that force to the same period, and have the core of Americans and Brits for the same. So I decided that the West Germans and spare Belgians could go, along with the surplus Soviet stuff I’ve acquired off eBay. This has raised £90 to help the balance and given me a finite target to aim for with what is left:
- finish Soviets – T80s, BTRs, support assets and extra HQs (and the Lebed!)
- finish the Belgian force and support – more Leopards, more IFVs and a reserve unit
- plot out the proposed British force – early stages for this!
- do the infantry for the US battlegroup
I still plan to do the Syrians to face the IDF but as I’m going the GHQ/CinC route this may wait for a while! I have however finally succumbed to a small WW2 project. WW2 Italians for the Western Desert. It’s all Henry Hyde’s fault! 🙂 This will be a slow project as I intend to pick up as much as possible on eBay.
So what of the other projects (and the great Painting Master Plan!)?
- The 1815 Prussian are going on hold. I don’t really have the time or opposition for this, especially as I like to do my own opposition, and this is just too big a project for the time being.
- 1806 Prussians – well this may just become the next big project. I think I want to convert the project with a view to doing both sides for Saalfeld. Possibly for Lasalle, possible for an as yet undecided set! And still stick with the basing that allows me to use them with Grande Armee at some point!
6mm Early Byzantines – is a no starter now. I enjoyed the few bases I’ve done but again, I can’t face the prospect of doing them all and both sides as well. And I live in hope that Pete at Baccus will one day do a proper range and I shall revisit then.
- 15mm Punic – on hold
- 15mm AWI – kind of on hold but I have a pile of Peter Pig and some Blue Moon to do at somepoint!
- 6mm FUBAR – will keep this as a slow burner to add to as I feel inspired!
- 28mm WD3 ImagiNation forces – need to add to the ‘Swans’ and obtain some suitable ‘exotic’ stuff for next year’s game – and start my secret weapon!
- 20mm Force on Force – on hold until the Cold War supplement kicks me into gear again.
Having felt better clearing the microarmour and having now listed everything I still feel a little overwhelmed! But a little less so…
Oh… and I’ve a load of 6mm scenery to finish. There is the possibility of a game in a few weeks and I’d like to try and get stuff finished for that.
So that will do for this update! Hopefully a post of substance to follow soon.